What is Pilates for Young People?
Pilates has a reputation as being for older ladies. But in fact it is for everyone. In fact for young people, Pilates can have a hugely positive impact on their lives for the following reasons:
- There is a positive relationship between school test scores and participation in physical activity,
- It helps develop the capacity for planning, working memory and multi-tasking,
- Brain health is improved leading to enhanced academic performance,
- Muscle endurance is developed, reducing the risk of injury and pain,
- Positive “friendly” hormones are released, improving mood,
- Better sleep quality is achieved,
- Self-esteem and confidence is promoted,
- Bone strength is increased, which amongst other things promotes good posture,
- Digestion is improved, reduced constipation and promoting greater regularity,
- There is increased insulin sensitivity, reducing the risk of Type II diabetes.
At Balanced Bodies we split our Young People’s Pilates into 3 age groups:
A gentle introduction into structured exercise in a fun way, including rhymes, counting, and story telling.
These classes are aimed at young people aged 4 – 7 years old.
Class duration: 30 minutes
A more structured introduction to exercise. Still fun. Still incorporating play and story telling but with greater variety and may also include some small equipment.
These classes are aimed at young people aged 7 – 11 years old.
Class duration: 50 minutes
A more structured introduction to exercise. A more “cool” class, that allows a safe exploration of more traditional Pilates exercises.
These classes are aimed at young people aged 11 – 16 years old.
Class duration: 50 minutes
Parent & Child Pilates
And one for the parents, because we all know there’s truth behind that old and very “famous” adage: “families who do Pilates together stay strong together”!
These classes are aimed at young people and grown ups of their choice. They will be split between a class for infants and a class for parents and will focus on:
- With a bit of mobility thrown in for the big people!
Class duration: ranging between 40 and 50 minutes depending on the age
Protecting our young people:
To keep your young people safe, our instructors:
- Hold Enhanced DBS certification,
- Are fully insured,
- Are APPI Certified Clinical Pilates Instructors,
- Hold additional qualifications in Child & Teen Pilates instructing,
- Work to a comprehensive safe guarding policy,
- Are committed to supporting the development of young people in a fun, positive environment.
Classes are structured around a 6 session term which can be renewed on a rolling basis.
Prices can be found on the Class Bookings page.
What people thought of the class
Highly recommend Joanna!
Highly recommend Joanna! She is very friendly and welcoming and really makes you feel relaxed. After a couple of sessions, I have already noticed a difference with my knee and have a good plan going forward to get back into running
Emily, Nov 2020
Improvement in my body strength
Have been going to the sessions for a few weeks now and have enjoyed every session! I have definitely seen an improvement in my body strength and it has done wonders for the pain I get in my shoulders! Not to mention she’s lovely and always keeps it fun and interesting.
Maddy, Oct 2020
Exercises are suited to individuals
I have been doing classes with Jo for several years now and she is absolutely excellent! She makes sure that the exercises are suited to individuals’ abilities and she takes great care to explain what we are doing and what we should be feeling and how it should help. Jo really knows her business and is so committed to her clients’ welfare and wellbeing. I would highly recommend going to Jo to get some advice and perhaps doing a class.
Sue, Sept 2020
Click on the book now link or send us a contact. We will schedule a call from there to answer any questions you might have and run you through the process for signing on.
Nope! You don’t even need loads of room if you are going to be doing this virtually. We might need your help to keep the screen in the right place initially but where there is a will there is a way!
See above for the pricing, alternatively click on the book now link for further details.